1) Judah Grunstein. WPR. Worst_Case_Scenarios_for_Afghanistan. A good post which responds to the points I made yesterday about France and Afghanistan.
2) Nathan Brown. Carnegie. “Pointers for the Obama Administration in the Middle East; Avoiding Myths and Vain Hopes.” Good commentary by a top expert on Palestinian politics.
3) Samantha Shapiro. NY Times. Revolution,_Facebook_Style. When I first saw this I was skeptical, thinking it was going to be another soft-ball article on Facebook, but this is some really good journalism.
4) Ibrahim Eissa. Al-Dostor. The_Coming_Terrorism. He argues that the government’s position against Hamas will be seen by many as a position against Islam, which will increase religious extremism and terrorism.
5) Amr Ali Hassan, Al-Hayat. Looksat whether the ancient Egyptian trait of sticking together in the face of foreign threats is breaking down because of the socio-economic trends over the past thirty years (ie the Infitah, immigration abroad…)
Filed under: Uncategorized |